Tampere Finnish-British Society
Tampere Finn-Brits' 70th Anniversary Dinner!
(Saturday, 30 September 2017, 1830-2245, Laterna Restaurant, Puutarhakatu 11)
The highlight of the Tampere Finn-Brit's 70th Anniversary celebration was an anniversary dinner starting at 1830 at the Laterna Restaurant on Puutarhakatu 11 in the center of Tampere, attended by 31 Finn-Brit members and guests.
Joining us for the evening were the Honourable Richard Shackleford, Deputy Head of Mission at the British Embassy in Helsinki, who was standing in for Ambassador Sarah Price. Shackleford and Embassy Second Secretary Lara Brydon conveyed congratulations on behalf of the Embassy and Her Majesty's Government.
Storyteller Nick Hennessey Joined Us to Entertain
Pianist Lauri Ojasti was a highlight of the Evening
The evening also featured piano entertainment, ceremonial speakers, and British storytellers Nick and Emily Hennessey.
The evening's menu was:
- Salted Salmon spiced with Juniper and Lemon Mayonnaise
- Marinated Beetroot with Chevre Cheese
- Zucchini with Rosépepper Marinade
- Laterna Mixed Salad with nuts, diced apple and root vegetables
- Smoked Lamb Roast with Black Currants
- Mushroom-potato Salad
- Laterna House Bread and Butter
- Slow-Braised Tender Pork Neck, Dark Dijon Sauce, Rosemary Potatos
and additional starter helpings
- Blueberry Pie with Bourbon-vanilla Custard
- Coffee and Tea
Socialising beforehand and then enjoying Laterna's delicious starter menu
Speakers included (L-R) singer David Hamer and past chairs Mikael Davies, Myra Bird, Eero Valento, and Yrjö Kalves
Please also see our Facebook Pages!
Tampere Finn-Brits Home :: Other Past Events :: Join Us!
This page was last modified on 01 October 2017